Green tea pound cake is a great breakfast and it’s super easy to make! We used Fukamushicha, but you can use any kind of tea you like. We recommend creating a coarse tea powder so that you can enjoy the texture of the tea leaves.
- 100g butter (bring to room temperature)
- 80g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g cake flour
- 3g baking powder
- 5g Fukamushicha powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (338°F).
- Put butter in a bowl and whisk until soft. Add sugar and mix well.
- Beat the eggs and slowly add them to the butter mixture, little by little, whisking each time.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Add milk, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into a mold and smooth the surface. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.